Projects to Organize Your Car
One of my 10 New Year’s resolutions for minimizing was cleaning out the car. I thought perhaps I could be a little more help with this one, especially because it’s sometimes difficult to clean out your car in the winter. Well not difficult as much as undesirable. So I’ve found 5 crafty projects you can do that will make it easier to organize your car.
5 Crafts that Declutter the Car
- Bookshelf for the car. Yes, the little ones like to read in the car and who wants to stifle their reading time? Not me. The only link I could find for this was the image on Pinterest, but here’s how I’d make it
- An old pillowcase would work perfectly.
- Cut it down the middle the long way.
- Sew 4 pockets, hemming the open top.
- Overlap the pockets, like seen in the photo. Sew to attach.
- Add an elastic strap to the top pocket
- Car-sized trash can. It’s easy to keep wrappers and other garbage from laying in waste all over the car when you have a little trash can. Repurposing a cereal container is the best car trash can idea I’ve seen because it’s a perfect small size and the lid snaps closed.
- Notes on the go. Have you ever stopped somewhere and no one was home and you wanted to leave a note but the only thing you could find was an old receipt? Or try this scenario. You’re in the car and you’re having a great conversation and you want to jot down some talking points. These two examples happen to me all the time and therefore I keep a little organizer with paper, pens, and tape. The tutorial is for a kid’s drawing kit, but it will work for notes on the go, too (and is really cute!).
- CD holder for the visor. This is so simple and cute, you’ve got to make one! Click on the image to go to the tutorial.
- Easy tissue dispenser for the car. Repurpose a used coffee cup as a tissue box that can be easily stored. Don’t tissue boxes tend to crush or wet? With a cup tissue dispenser, you can just put it one of your 15 cup holders! Click the image for the tutorial.